Such was refreshed the next morning as I already recorded with the sun at half past five, packed my things together quickly pushed the wheel back on the road, drove a little piece and then treated myself to my breakfast of a banana and a few nuts. (The energy bar can forget all of them, for they not only look like grill-lighter taste, but even so.)
Today did not change the weather. The storm blew from the north continue to face, and seemed to make a joke of it.
My skin was thus already so dry that not even half the cream, which I had been bought, cracked my lips and to the irony of justice, had I on the first two days, also got a nice sunburn, as the wind, the air had seemed to cool down, as she was.
Even if the sky was again muddy, and had nothing now maintained by the clarity of the last evening, the clouds seemed now but a lot thinner now and even flashed a strip of blue stain from the white.
With new hope and strength so I pushed my bike up the hill and still kicking it back down, because of free travel was not a second thought. They stood at the foot of a slope, blocked this a little wind, so that one could think he would have finally put something, but hard to believe you had reached the crest, he blew again violently opposed, and one had to stand up against him again.
This way I did so for the last 80 kilometers to Wakkanai still behind me. noon the sky cleared, even little by little all, the sun came out and now it was much warmer. I was even able to pack away my gloves, scarf and cap, who had been in the last three days of constant companions.
finally promised a sign that it had stopped only 25 miles to my destination, my trip suddenly there was a further sign that said, from here are no longer allowed bicycles. (What's a joke really, because they had never before permitted by signs and everyone is going so anyway, where it suits him)
One must not Japanese highway (which is inappropriately also known as Highway) to present not as a German, since the speed limit of 100 km per hour everything is much more leisurely pace of shop and have them sometimes even over footpaths and traffic lights by kArms smallest lead, in which the speed is throttled also equal to 40 km per hour.
Should I now be forced by this small sign about to go the much longer detour?
Perplexed, I moved my road map from his pocket and studied my options. There was not much and I therefore decided to ask one of the construction workers who just renewed at this point the road surface. A had probably sensed my plight and came up to me already.
helpless until I pointed to the sign said, then my bike and told him that I came from and wanted to Sapporo to Wakkanai. Where do I go long or else should?
entwas The man replied that I expected from a Japanese mouth would have never> actually I was to ignore a traffic sign! Well, just the way he said it is not natural, but he said that as long as I paid attention and the far left side of the road, lead would not be on the road itself, in order ... I think at this point my face was like someone had just the one banned anything obviously poisonous and unappetizing food. When I were ever occurred to the middle Driving on the road! I'm not lebensmuede!
course I promised, however good, to stick to his instructions and went on to have happy about it save a few kilometers further. However, subject to the last 25 again over an unexpectedly long time since there were many Heugel and me the wind is not still like it. I did not.
Sometime in the afternoon but I finally reached the city. In short, I was still wondering whether I should spend the night outside for the first and only non-on the next should go into it tomorrow, but I decided against it when I could not find a place too good right away and I simply was just curious.
also stood in my Rough Guide no time of the first ferry to Rishiri, only that it would draw very early. Also, I was able to stress-something exploring the city, and withdraw some money, as there according to my book on the island was no way for foreigners.
So I asked myself first for a bank. But I had some bad luck. Either they took my card, or have been closed ...
made before a small bakery, I hold and asked a nice sales girl who said to my luck a little English, according to other options. When I could try to post it. We talked a little and they told me that she had once been a few years ago in southern Germany. What a coincidence!
As it turned out, she was the daughter of the owner of the bakery, to me, after I had passed me and gave thanks, still a whole baguette.
arrived at the post I tried my luck again. It looked initially and everything good. I could even specify the amount I would have paid. But then the machine spat out my card again and just take the money I received only a piece of paper on which was, that the payout was possible.
This could not be true ... How should I now get money? I wanted to ask one of the clerks, because suddenly the little sales girl came up to me. She would only ask if everything had worked out, because they would have been worried about me. And the only reason she had followed me extra? I was touched! Unfortunately, I
could tell her anything positive, I told her about my failure, trying to sound optimistic, although I really do not at this moment was so at ease. Together with one of the clerks then we tried it again again, but again, nothing ... I should call to my bank, then he said to me.
I thought hard, what could it be that I was "invalid" was, like me (or my card) the machine kindly described. My father had only a few days earlier, again enough money transferred from my savings to the online account that was ruled out also. Perhaps I had simply been too greedy, as I had given 10,000 yen? I tried my luck again with the modest sum of 5,000 yen, and lo and behold, he suddenly opened my doors to new wealth without hesitation. Possibly it was even on my poor credit, that I do not pick up so much was how I wanted. Well, I was there first does not care because now my little vacation on Rishiri nothing stood in the way.
First, I thanked him profusely for all but again and gave me the Brotverkaeuferin even their phone number. I should call her if I had problems. What can one say of so much kindness to?
After this nice meeting, I drove further towards haven. I took the ferry immediately, but the terminal where you could buy the tickets had already closed and departure times were, unfortunately, nowhere. What the hell, then I would have time tomorrow morning just to be there. With the Wait I never had trouble.
It has been really slow time to find a place to sleep. To this end, I tried to drive out from the city to turn over my tent somewhere outside. But the city listened and did not listen to easily. I had no option but to drive along the coast, because to my right rose a mountain range that was much too steep to them can happen to the wheel (even without a bike I would have probably not tried).
Perplexed, I sat down first to the bank, at least to enjoy the beautiful sunset. And suddenly overcame me terribly homesick!
It rolled over me so suddenly and unexpectedly that I was able to suppress only with difficulty the tears. How happy I would be home now and would have been something funny with my sister on TV looked or talked to my mother, or out with friends ...
I missed them all so hard that it's been hurt.
But after all, one of those things I could, just as far as possible to meet. And I moved again without thinking about your phone out of my bag (which had surprised me in recent days with almost continuous reception) and called up the number from home. In Germany, there had to be lunch now ... maybe I had luck and someone was there.
It rang no two times since I heard the voice of the people to whom I had recently most frequently have to think.
"Hi Kiri" piped my little sister and the cheerful sound of her voice drove me after all the tears in my eyes and I suddenly felt a big painful lump in my throat. How much I missed her!
After we had a little talk (she just baked cake), I was doing a little better. But after that phone call I decided to go back to Otaki, once I saw Rishiri. It was going through the winter and delaying the currently fickle weather anyway still nowhere something. I was much too early ... So I swallowed my ambitious plans, down to want to walk around quite Hokkaido.
What should bring it to me because if it went through the constant wind is no fun? And I also wanted to prove to anyone. Everything was much more of a drudgery than joy. After all, I was
come to Japan to learn and only a dull-witted driving which currently existed just to eat miles, I got neither language nor anything else. In my host family I was able pick up so much and then began the time of field preparation and sowing. That was much more interesting!
After I had made this decision, I was already much happier mood. The trip had me well geschlaucht just more than I myself had wanted to admit and now that I was on the first goal, and the next had not yet staked out really well was the exhaustion.
The sun had now gone down completely and the world was lit only in their rapidly dying light. So I got up from the cold quay wall, packed up my things and drove back towards the center back, as I had promised my sister to sleep in a hotel, I should not have a suitable place for my Occasionally found.
After only a few minutes, however, I found an idyllic park, which I had not noticed before. You could play mini golf and there was a children's playground, but the most important and most perfect was that the ground was soft, green lawn, as I had not seen for a long time. No bamboo far and wide! My heaven on earth ... So I immediately
turned into one of the small paths, and suddenly I saw on one of the little hill, which adorned that facility, a group of eight or nine deer, there were grazing peacefully in the evening light. The
encouraged me in my decision. If these animals are safe here found, that was also true for me.
I already had made a pretty square spied for my tent, where I was turned on three sides view protection and enjoyed the other side of the middle of the park.
Now I just waited for darkness so I could make me comfortable. I already had my bags taken off the bike and unrolled my tent, as went to on a street lamps everywhere, I had not registered before. Protection of darkness and now could no longer speak. So I packed everything back together and made me disappointed to find a place where no lantern stood.
These were, unfortunately, very deliberately placed and lit every inch of the park with a dull light. Damn.
I went back to the playground and found that one of the skeletons had a large wooden panel, which is equal to one roof leaned obliquely at the poles. She was provided with some ropes, so that children could climb up to her, but for me it meant enough room for me and my bike and even protection from rain. Moreover, it was not noted among them so deep that I was guaranteed would.
Unfortunately, the space is not sufficient to build up my tent and I just unrolled its sub-soil on the dirty ground, wrapped myself in my sleeping bag and tried to And relax.
However crawled after a few minutes Bodenkaelte even through my thick sleeping bag (my good Luftmatrazte I did not use this dirty floor) and I was drawn to the nights in the Alps, remembers that I made last year in January behind me had. At that time I had persuaded a colleague to a survival training and forget me explain himself better in terms of equipment. Or probably assumed that I knew better informed. So I just had a gym mat as a base and a much thin sleeping bag. Even then, we camped. In the middle of the glacier in some Schneeloechern we had dug for that purpose. And then I froze so pathetic as this, because the Chill of the glacier by mat, sleeping bag and even my thick parka crawled. This time I would have
fend them perhaps with a thick coat can, because no minus 25 degrees ruled.
But the jacket was at home in Germany and here I only had my hooded sweatshirt, two thin sports jacket and my windbreaker. I moved yet everything about each other, rubbed my cold legs until they were hot again, put the rain cover on my bike and have additionally stuck my hand between shoulder and floor.
In this way every now and again I dozed, woke up, rubbed me warm again, my family wrote messages from my phone and dozed back on.
I felt it was a small eternity, but finally everything was noticeably brighter around me. Since I knew the sun would not have long to do, because here it is going up to four clock. So I made
stiff but happy about movement on the way to the port. It was asleep about half four and the whole city yet. On a Getraenkeautomaten, which are available everywhere in Japan Luckily, I pulled myself a hot cocoa, the first my finger and then warmed my stomach. The course had
Faehrenterminal still closed when I got there. So I had breakfast first. I still possessed the baguette and some milk for my cereal, I had done to me yesterday. After this, for my circumstances Fuerstlichen meal I walked up and down to keep me warm. The Sun had not yet made it through the building ...
... to be continued ... PS Sorry for the late
and somewhat long post, but I had to write it into several sections, because I wanted to read my emails and also answer limited and can access the Internet ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment