Sunday, May 23, 2010

Preserving Hydrangers With Glycerine

bike ride to Rishiri: Day 10:05:10

The departure of Claus and his lovely apartment was very difficult. Especially since I did not know when my comfort and good company would be allowed as here again ... However
was sunny and warm weather to the fact that I was soon on the happy, what lay before me. This part of my trip would be charming, have its ups and downs. (And for me as a cyclist were the highs and the sooner the lows and vice versa)
Pretty soon after I route 5, which fuert from the city center, leaving behind me and had been on the 231, drove me would bring to the coast, you could already account for the increased salt content in air and I was always exhilarating. I would still see the sea!

course took the route through the city but still down a bit, but after I was out of it, time and miles went by pretty fast. As long as we drove the highway, it was not so hilly, but I also from time to time on this took me to be beautiful views and some rest before the roaring cars have quickly here.
first, the Jüsten not easily visible. The promenade, where I was driving along led by only duenige landscape with tall grass, so that one had the impression that one would be somewhere in northern Europe (the Baltic Sea, perhaps), but not in Japan!




















When I then inevitably back on had to move the highway, the dunes departed soon magnificent cliffs, to me the view of the sea was no longer withheld. Subsequently, this landscape hardly changed.























in the post a little town I provided me with new stamps and got from the post man even ran so extra twice more in me, even a small towel for the Onsen and given sweets from Okinawa. I was very pleased, because the towel I could well use for small craft on the roadside and food is always good anyway ...

was the friendliness of the mail man to me as encouragement also receive the recently I was again driving on the highway, the first breakdown. The repair itself was not been the problem (for now anyway, I had spare hoses here, because the patches always needs some time and I did better in the evening in silence outside the tent), no, what prepared me grief was the loss of my small air pump.














Whether lost or perhaps stolen in Sapporo ... when I tried to pump up the tires, it certainly was not in place. Since it had also traded this for a gift (this time by my father), I was of course unfortunate, as it would be such an object might have been worth it. But even more pressing was the problem, as I was now filled the tires. I had no other choice than my Wheel to load again and to a small group of Farmhaeuschen push back, where hopefully someone possessed an air pump. Here, however, I immediately had
luck. After I had reached the first house, at that moment came out an elderly farmer, whom I also spoke to the same to my little problem.
he can clearly help me, he said, and hurried away already. I walked behind with my lame donkey, and together we made it roadworthy again. However, the good man had been too eager: The tire was strangely bulging in some places and while I was putting together a gift as a thank you, it made a sudden loud and clear "Zzzzsssch" and the tire was flat again. So I built
him a second time and saw that the hose had burst normal. Unflickbarer a plan, almost a hand wide, gaping in the rubber.
I went with the tube to find the nice man to ask if I could take his help for a second time to complete. He was also involved and refused to be dissuaded, patch up the old tires with the small hole by hand.
During inflation slowed down in time I did this time, although he did not like einsah and preferred to continue pumping for so long, would have until the tire was rock hard. However, I remembered the good advice of my father and my colleagues who helped me upgrade my donkey and to stop insisting (despite clear Mine disappointed my Saviour, who also was too noble to take one of my gifts.)

This should not remain the only good event for this day. Later, it was almost evening and I was exhausted rest, because I had just tormented by a series of tunnels, where even a small car sounds like a jumbo jet and you think constantly, if one were on a runway, I met a young couple from Sapporo. They were very interested and asked me with a coffee and Reisbaellchen they had donated to me for almost half an hour. As a parting they gave me a strange welded in bars that looked like raw dough with fruit and decided it to me for aufzusparen royal breakfast. (Of course, I have forgotten him, and at noon only found and ate what was a lucky, because it tasted rather sweet only terribly many proteins from crab meat or fish)
At least this couple, however, accepted my thank you gifts and gave me even their phone number. I should call you when I was back in Sapporo.





















This first night was spent near the highway on a small hill, on which I beat myself once through the undergrowth had. I slept well and woke up the next day with the sun at half past five.

... to be continued ...

Mata ne
Kira

0 comments:

Post a Comment