After my tent one night had more time to dry, I could finally on 3 May break.
The sun was shining, it was warm and my hopes for a pleasant first tour that does not completely satisfied. The departure was delayed in itself of course still something. My luggage was too heavy and I was back again with a bleeding heart a few belongings. Then it was
, still cherished by all the people adopt to make the last photos and store the small gifts that I have yet to be on their way. had learned of two pieces of cheese, cereals and biscuits by Natsumi or friendly farmer families that I know - I especially looked forward to the homemade food. But then I went
and a light breeze blew the hair from her face. The feeling of complete freedom over me.
The 25 miles to Kimobetsu where I was two weeks ago have already been. proceeded quite unspectacular. On a small fruit and vegetable stand, I bought two apples and was under Japanese Dudelmusik from the store a short break with a wonderful view of Mt Youteizan, who accompanied me on the whole line here already and by its similarity to the Fuji-san, here in Hokkaido is very famous.
But now I let him lie on my left and continued on Highway Route 230 towards Sapporo. Very soon after the village it was uphill. Not strong, but stable. The first few kilometers I was also by then but it was exhausting me and I began to push, when to my right, the cars roared past, the bikers waved occasionally, and their "ganbarre ne" - listen to "hold on" Liess.
course, I persevered. Even all the way uphill to the Nakayama Pass, for which I needed pushing nearly four hours. (By contrast, only Kimobetsu it would have been little more than one at about the same mileage!) Up here, I refreshed myself again at the service area of a ski lodge, admiring the view which presented itself to me now almost 1,000 meters.
The descent was exhilarating! Miles and miles flew past me that I had been so laboriously fight. Even the tunnel were overcome in this way bearable and fast. Before I knew, I was already in the suburbs of Sapporo and had only set back about 15 miles to the city. Slowly it was time to look for the camping out for which I had picked me.
Unfortunately I did not find him. I asked a nice old farmer who knew him and, unfortunately, not me instead, many well-told nice things in Japanese, which I understand but unfortunately not me and a little later, smiling and nodding adopted. Even the motorcycle could make a major hotel, that should be located near I not discover. Maybe I did not recognize the signs simply.
But that was not even more tragic because it seemed was just after four and the sun still above the tops of the mountains that I had passed.
a while I went still on the pleasant walk along wide, to a small side street in a forest and after about 500 meters turn led to the main road. This small way I was built and then in a small forest in my tent on a bamboo glade. The remote monotonous and soothing sound of the motorway in the background, I began to set up domestic. Only once drove a car along the side street and stopped a few meters from my tent, probably to fix a minor mishap. Otherwise, no one bothered me. The tent I had deliberately built up behind a large root that covered it almost completely. When it began to dawn, I crawled inside and read in the light of my headlamp yet, until fatigue overcame me and I fell into a Duch only occasional brief waking periods interrupted sleep caused by the dry raschelden bamboo.
The next morning came too fast and I crawled around half past six already back to the surface because I wanted to repack some bags. Especially on the handlebars were too big and it alone cost a lot of strength to keep it straight. So I piled all my heavy bags and belongings in the rear only my clothes and food remained in the small forward. That was but already much better and I was elated after a small breakfast of the last piece of cheese, two biscuits and a few sips from my water bag was my way to the city again.
This was actually completed in less than an hour and when I saw the last little hill in the morning sun climbed, rewarded me a wonderful view over the city and to my left to a great mountain panorama for my recent troubles.
arrived in the city, however, I advanced much more slowly, but after about two hours I reached the quiet little neighborhood where my friend lived Claus, I wanted to visit and was only a day before arriving here. Unfortunately, I only knew the number of apartment buildings, no street number, but since his address sounded more like a students accommodation, I found the only Building that could be considered quite fast.
as my ringing no response, I threw him a note with my mobile phone number in the letter box and wanted to continue armed with a can of Pepsi from the located there vending machines again to somewhere eat my meager lunch, as sleepy, he stuck his head from his balcony and laughed. Shaking the box of letters he had heard, but not the bell.
So I could so the same but put my things in his small apartment and make my bike to the other students wheels.
Now began a very relaxing week. We wrapped together almost from the complete tourist program, buying more things for his apartment to make it comfortable and he was employed from time to time to fill out dozens of forms for the bank and his employer. Meanwhile, I rested in his apartment, wrote postcards, went shopping or walking. It was so relaxing as I had wished for a long time.
The evenings were always pleasant, some cans of beer from the Convenience Store, meaningless jobs or cooking a simple dinner.
It was very exciting to see how it is to live in a large Japanese city. Especially regarding the complex and costly waste separation or cooking facilities (they cook in a very rustic gas disks!) terms.
Now approaching its end, however, this time. Tomorrow, I'll break up again, as Claus has to start work now and I have to go around Hokkaido. The next two days should be very warm and sunny, according to weather forecast. A real pleasure for me because the rain would become even harder to say goodbye, as he now already is. Now and then I feel too good and I am so grateful for the wonderful time here in Sapporo!
But we know we should stop when it's most fun ...
I hope that I will soon have the opportunity to complete my blog. However, I am afraid that it will take a while until I get back into the Internet. Far to the north, these opportunities for lack of larger cities are less.
However, I am looking forward very much to drive along the coast and see the sea, maybe even time to sleep on the beach ... I guess that I have to Wakkanai, the point in the far north, where I would like to visit two small islands about would take a week.
Mata ne
Kira
0 comments:
Post a Comment