planned, so I set off to the east. My first stop should
be the Shikotsu Lake, where I wanted to spend a night at a campsite. Unfortunately, my schedule was quite tight, if I time Kushiro wanted to achieve, I was bound to date by my new host family.
But as I am used to now, was once again everything was different.
On the way to the lake, which took only a half a day, the sun was shining, but sometimes it rained a little. It was after all not too hot. Through my newly acquired all-weather radio in Sapporo in blue plastic, which is currently my pride and my time has been shortened pleasant. Especially when I found a station on which they played a lot of Western music.
Once at sea, I came, it came to my plan to spend a night here, very shaken ...
One night was far too little, because the lake Just beautiful!
The crystal clear water, for which he competes in the ranking of the cleanest lakes in the world only with the Baikal glittered in the sun, would it not have been so cold, nothing would have kept me jump in right away.
evening I strolled to the nearby Rider House (an inexpensive, usually sparsely furnished accommodation for those traveling by bicycle or motorcycle) and was allowed to look even a little bit of World Cup while I am the owner maintained.
The next day brought certainty: Here I would certainly not stay only one night!
Because it was once again a beautiful summer day and it was impossible to leave this paradise already.
were in the vicinity is a small onsen, which was also in a beautiful park. Unfortunately it was not a real hot spring and so really 700 yen for lukewarm water usury. But at least I could go to wash myself properly and a long walk in the park, read there, sitting on a bench and try to forget the parts that I had imposed upon myself to my destination.
noon I went back to the campsite, which even over a few small shops possession in which I am in the evening supplied with frame and drinks. There I made a new acquisition: a tiny blue folding chair, which gave my portable home comfort or luxury almost touch.began in the night, unfortunately, rain and even though I had ipraegniert the tent in good faith, was formed gradually on the back foot of a small pool of water. I noticed, however, until the next morning and it was not so tragic, because it was right next to my tent, a shelter where you could do his washing up. I abused the table but as a drying rack, and spread from there, air mattress and sleeping bag.
Since it still filled up, the tent was too small for a longer stay and I something Suffer claustrophobia, I did my belongings drying company and drove me the day, as I sat on the table for tooting my car stereo's trickte and read.
So I spent a third day on Shikotsuko, for a renewed drive in the rain, find it here but much more friendly and most of all was dry, I had no desire. Strangely, however
had all the stores closed because of rain ... As if people in bad weather, no hunger! However, I had
again good luck and the nice restaurant owner, who lived over their business and I spotted about noon, took pity on me and cooked a big bowl under ... it tasted of course the same again as well.
received from the campsite owner later I even paid a few pegs for me to stretch my tent better and thereby maybe could make it water resistant. He also was worried about me because I could buy nothing to eat and gave me a ready meal in a hand, but I could not cook, unfortunately, as I would have needed for a gas cooker ... But the idea is that counts and I was very moved by as much parental care.
The next morning the rain had subsided so far that I ventured a break and went on to Chitose, where I was nearly three months earlier, arrived by plane. How quickly time flies!
Heading got me again and again in cloudy and wet when I was in Chitose arrived and found that the plotted camp is really just a barbecue, but it happened to be near was a Rider House, I did not take long for me this time the same for the more convenient solution to . decide
The landlady was a very cute and funny woman who mothered me very much.
When I was fairly dry, and again in exploring mood, I walked through the rainy little town and strolled without being forced to take care of bike and luggage, which were now safely housed, through all the shops, which I responded.
afternoon it was a small surprise. A large part Radlerguppe from Japan, some from Australia, slept well in my accommodation. They invited me to make them company and we had a very fun evening. We exchanged information about from our tours, and bicycle plans, laughed a lot and toward the end I was asked by several to visit them in Australia but if I had been there ".
Since I am a big room all to myself alone had, the women have to fold the group had been realized, however, a little to fit in all her own, I let one of the nice Aussie girls sleep with me ... I'm gonna be better among men.
broke with warm hearts and I went to my cozy next campsite, where I arrived already in the late morning.
This time he was in a mini golf paradise - a pity that so I can start anything. For this, I discovered a baseball field and saw the young people who train there during practice. As the sun went down I took another long walk through the small but cozy place where there were cute little houses.
It was good that I had been spared in the last days for the following day should not be so relaxing.
I had chosen a Rider House, the about a day's journey was entfert. On this stretch, it was unfortunately the first place to stay, because I could not find out on my plan and no campground, although the weather now almost invited to camp!
So I started to drive away the afternoon and had only about 15 miles from me, when it started to go uphill and I sometimes had to push back. This time, fortunately "only" about 2 1 / 2 hours, but it was enough to get out of leisurely cycling day again to make one stressful something, because now I could not think of wild camping, I wash myself really wanted and thought I could I a little luxury, and thus allow a roof over their heads.
The beauty of the mountains is: Are you fair!
because it is downhill in most cases as long as uphill. (But of course it's faster because you can sit comfortably in the saddle, only to brake)
had, but somehow I have in my pleasure, which gave me the cool wind and speed, have overlooked the Rider House, because when I am in the Valley inquired I was told payments would be it in the direction from which I had come ...
What the hell, bad luck.
Or not, as it passed yet another 10 kilometers. This time I missed
it is not, and somehow it was good that I had overlooked the previous one because this one was really exciting!
It really was not bad and the host mother again a human soul, which gave me a giant tomato and coupons for the Onsen in Nibutani where I wanted to do anyway as the next stop.
Except that I had to share my compartment with a fat spider (which I could but locked up in the bathroom - hoho) I could really do not complain about a lack of comfort and I spent a peaceful night. The next morning I was awakened by the light of a glorious sunrise.
meantime, my plan, just in time to reach Kushiro unfortunately became impossible. The weather and my need for rest had upset my plans.
But as stated before, it is precisely this kind of flexibility is good, if you own the road. Then I would just see no cranes, it was not so bad. A nice tour, I would have still had.
So I decided to go only up Nibutani (an Ainu village) and on the there probably large to spend several days camping ...
When I arrived there the next morning, I saw but with a re-determination that it is at the campsite by no means something idyllic, but rather a huge plant on an artificial mountain dealt with sports, and playgrounds, restaurants and other things, not the tourists want to miss that would have like to bring her home.
Especially the fun should cost 1,000 yen per night ... Quite expensive for just a tent.
thanks No, I said to myself, and therefore made up my mind to visit only the Ainu village and then to spend the night at a campsite on the south coast.
A museum and also because I has attended here, I looked at it. There was at least some old photos that showed a much better, as it looked back then and I must admit that it was put up pretty nice.
Unfortunately that was about it. Eingplant I had all day for that and now I was through after an hour already.
I was therefore no alternative but to continue my tour, but this date should again prove to be very very long.
In fact I put a record total distance of 100 km back - my best ever performance.
but I have not done for fun in cycling, but have been forced by various, non-existing campgrounds to move on.
My last hope was right next to a Onsen and only this fact gave me the strength and motivation to persevere. Okay, a misunderstanding was to blame, because when I inquired at a gas station, I was told, the Onsen make six clock to ... Afterwards I learned that the campground was meant, but since it was already four clock, I had to drive another 20 miles and wanted in the onsen, I again took up all power and pedaled. The last few kilometers I have only blurred memories and know only that I've always said "onsen, I come" ...
I actually managed to arrive there point clock 17:15. Because I thought the tent I could also build later, I left everything in front of the building, are included only from my bike and was about to pay the entrance when I noticed the sign with the opening hours.
But other than expected, I was not frustrated that I am free pedaled had, but was just relieved that I could now soak and clock to 22:00, if I wanted.
So I still went through the last meters to the campsite and caught the owner just before office closing. Positive was that one night here costs only 315 yen! And the place was really, really pretty and yet so close to the Onsen! Here I could safely leave the next day, until I had my next host family. Even a car drove here ... if not everything was ideal?
And a few surprises I should.
Maybe I looked pathetic to look bad, again with a slight sunburn (despite stylish hat from the 100 Yen-shop), chapped lips and tousled hair, or he really wanted to just be kind to me. Anyway, he handed me a key in his hand and after some back and forth, I understood that he gave me one of the bungalows for the price of a tent night, even though it cost ten times the loose!
What do I need to say. I just stared at him and he would like to like around the neck.
No putting up tents to sleep now in the Onsen, ...
These were the only things I went through my mind at that moment.
There was also a really sweet bungalow. Like a nest it looked: a small pyramid on four wooden pillars. I immediately dragged my stuff up. A nice man who was with his wife, my neighbor, but slept in his car, helped me.
Then I thought nothing more.
I quickly grabbed a bag of fresh clothes, grabbed a towel and went to meet my day dream.
The Onsen was not a disappointment. He recalled a lagoon, rocky tongues as decoration and mosaics on the walls of mountain and river landscapes. The pools were also quite different. Cold and hot, with blubber and without, salty and sweet. I enjoyed to the fullest and spent almost two full hours in the water before I feel full of it.
We once found a topic that we could talk about, because they were harmonica players. Unlike me, however correct Pofessionelle!
So we played each other before some of the songs until I almost fell to my eyes and I begged to be allowed to retire.
The next morning they would leave for Kushiro. (What a Random) and therefore it had been working all night in my head ... Could I dare to ask her if she would take me? Gross was enough for your car, but I had inhibitions because they were miles from our vantage point a few hundred. In addition, it was me here but not bad. With good rail links to Mukawa, the onsen in the Near and my little bungalow ... why I wanted to get away? Maybe I was just too accustomed to constantly be on the road now and I just could not live without change?
After we had shared our breakfast with each other but I dared to ask.
As we were about cars talked and I to my question, What kind of guides a car they response was that it was a Toyota (I know, unfortunately, no car brand, even if I'm sitting there), decided that my blog header.
There was even a real family outing, as we drove along the coast to the southernmost end and spent a little time shooting photos, admiring flowers and were happy about the good weather.
Then I fell asleep, I must confess to my shame.
We reached Kushiro to early evening. Akira and Hisae had decided to stay with me a night on the campground in Tsuru and to our great surprise, he was even for free. A lot of motorcycle riders camped there, and that led to a very comfortable atmosphere.
However, there were no cranes!
you either become too warm and they were flown to Russia, I explained Akira.
I learned today!
And I had told them on the evening before, how much I wanted to see the cranes.
And in Otaki, with Naomi when I discussed my route I was not pointed out ...
Maybe they wanted to not disappoint me But even if that love meant was, it led to my site not just to Freudenspruengen.
I consoled myself with the thought that I had made at least a great experience and a nice trip together, instead of added ride alone in front of me. Since the disappointment would probably have been even bigger.
were three of us later in the nearby Onsen, ate dinner and played a little harmonica, until it was time to go to sleep. Akira wanted to ride the next day further north and I was not sure what to do. I had given up trying to plan. I had come to the taste, and surprise drive me to leave. Thus, it was not you disappointed and could really do much!
so broke the next morning and I had decided overnight to drive the direction of Kushiro City. On the way there was a crane Center, where there was supposed to see a few of these animals.
After we had passed overwhelmingly, I was on my way.
It was a beautiful route through the national park, but unfortunately I ignored my exit again and drove past the Crane Center.
also not so bad, I just went further into the city. There was a rider House and I could still write a few cards, and buy my bus ticket back to Sapporo.
The next day I was happy about my decision, because it was raining again.
I bought a ticket for the night bus and could even stay until the evening in the Rider House, until it was time to go to the station.
The ride was very pleasant and I could even get some sleep ...
When I arrived the next morning in Sapporo, I spent the day, a new prepaid card for my cell phone and a bus ticket to Mukawa for to buy the next morning, make cards and read.
noon I met with Claus for lunch and he gave me the keys to his apartment so I could schonmal unload my things.
Overall I am therefore not really complain about a boring trip. :)
The next blog is about my time in Mukawa.
Mata ne
Kira
0 comments:
Post a Comment