actually get me to my host family and to convince other WWOOFers me alone on the road behind, where I wanted to try my luck again as a hitchhiker.
This time I had to wait a little longer than usual, but after about 20 minutes a car drove to the site. Through the window rolled down
I stated a stout, friendly businessman, he could take me, unfortunately, only a small piece. But that at least a little piece would be closer to my goal (for the first time today Nagoya), so of course I got one anyway. I would like to see the city and then the next day trying to further south, to Osaka progress.
My driver was working for an international hotel and spoke so little English. Approximately 1 1 / 2 hours later (more like a great little piece and about half of the route to Nagoya!) He put me up in a small town, where he had to do something else.
I ran a few yards further up to a cafe that had a separate entrance. That seemed very practical, because there could mean more potential riders would be comfortable to hold and thus also the chance that they did, bigger.
Then I pulled mine out on that day by the very strong wind, now torn and tattered sign with my desired destination and waited.
No five Minutes later was (by my strategically position SELECTED) another car. This time it was a businessman, but younger but just as helpful. Unfortunately, he also went to Nagoya, and could not take me only a short distance. However, he gave me an important note: From Nagoya, it is very difficult to find someone that will lead to Osaka because the motorway vorbeifuehre not go directly to Nagoya. I should rather take the train or continue trying to get to Osaka.
It was still early in the day, just morning, so I decided spontaneously to emphasize Nagoya and continue my way to Osaka. I could easily create the. As I
, this time on the edge a bigger city was canceled, I knew only not quite know where to go. There were several major roads, but no signs in sight. Which led to Osaka? My driver was that there would put it more clear how I had to realize now. Pedestrians were not the move I could have asked. And there were no shops here.
So I ran the street, where I had been let out a little down and eventually stopped suddenly a car next to me. An elderly man sat in the car, wearing a mask, as in Japan use it all as soon as the nose just a little running. I have always doubted whether the reduced risk of infection. But without question, this is a nice touch to the Towards others.
He asked me where I wanted and then said that he could bring me a piece to a rest area on the right highway, but then unfortunately would have to go elsewhere.
This too was a short but very strange encounter and proved that what I have read about the Japanese in one of my books, well (of course only part) is really true.
you are perverse ...
First of the conversation but was very typical. We talked about cars (though the Japanese are always pleased when I tell them that my father drives a Mitsubishi and it also holds for a very good car, as is extremely rare to repair something), then about the food (no, the Germans do not usually eat three times a day and no beer sausages for breakfast!), followed by the question of whether I wanted to sell him my underwear ...
...
"Is she white or pink?"
...
I was speechless. We just had us talk about beer and then came at a time like that.
But as he spoke no English, I could only remember him unfortunately, the less polite words I had learned so far at the family home with young children.
DAME! (Very useful, because it almost always apply, if something does not fit one - in just use something like "let the" or "no". I increased the emphasis and brought it to a "forget it and dare not ask again!"
He let loose and yet not wanted to end up paying about 10,000 yen (about 100 €) for it.
I defy stayed with my "lady", I interjected at regular intervals to his monologue. (I had no desire to make a serious discussion of it, but insisted only that he should sell me just the promised rest area). Luckily it was a harmless, little, thin males, with whom I include it in doubt and he could've easily drove me to obediently also discussed goal. When at last he
it roared I indulged myself at the rest area just a little Mittagesessen before I tried my luck again. This was definitely a much better starting point than at the portions from it!
So I stood with my sign at the exit and waited.
This time even relatively long. While many looked interested or drove slowly in order to be able to read my sign more accurate, but no one was almost half an hour.
(I assume it was because of favorable location -. Because you can make easily than drivers responsibility to others, because the chance is so high that one at some point but someone entrains lost on a street one does, however pathetic.)
I was just wondering if I should hinueberlaufen not easy, as was at one time a motorcyclist in front of me, handed me a smile a pet bottles hot tea in the hand and disappeared with the usual "ganbarre" (hold on) as suddenly as they had come.
surprised something I looked around. The white truck was still there. But now, the driver got out and looked over at me.
A more obvious invitation I did not have, grabbed my backpack and ran to the car. The driver was about 30, wore a funny hat and showed a surprising number of crowns for his age when he laughed. He did not go directly to Osaka, but in one of the little side places and there are trains, if it already too late to hitch hike would be around. So I threw my backpack on his scooter on the floor, it moored with some of the ropes and climbed into the small cabin.
Up Osaka, it was actually quite a bit, but we hardly noticed, because after the car-sausage-beer-hurdle we made it even more interesting in some fields, and my driver told me something about the landscape, in which he lived.
Finally, he drove me even more but directly to the station in Osaka and I spent the evening and night in an internet cafe. This time, the cabin of a large, comfortable chair was taken. But he had to sleep despite his coziness less suitable. A further complication is always, of course, that the light burning all the time and I always tie my scarf around the eyes, in order to be able to relax me a bit.
But it was at least warm shower as I could and I paid the next morning, it was a lot less than I had calculated. It was still very early in the morning and few people were on the streets. So I decided to better bring the train to to take Himeji, whose castle is everywhere praised for its beauty and what was an intermediate station on my trip to Suwa in the prefecture of Hyogo conveniently.
Also, I would be able in one of the secondary sites may find cheap accommodation for my last night.
arrived in Himeji, waiting for me but once a disappointment: the palace was obscured by a large Stahlgeruest and the Crane, and the Baustellenlaerm contributed not just to allowing the charm of old times again.
instead I consoled myself with this very pretty park, which extended over a vast expanse and shone in bright autumn colors. Through numerous gingko and Ahornbaeume, the color palette in Japan namely blood red to an intense golden yellow.
I felt today, not in the mood for a long day at various museums, which were here in abundance, plus the weather was just way too nice. So after several hours was strolling through the park and the afternoon was slowly passed into the evening, I went by train to continue in the direction of Suwa. After some searching questions and I found in the place before my last stop also a reasonably priced Minshuku.
On naecsten morning I had to check out at nine clock, I had with my host family (in which I would work for a month) but only three hours later arranged to meet at the station. Therefore, I explored the site, a gigantic, ancient Ginkobaum found under which I kept my breakfast and wandered aimlessly through the streets slowly awakening. The city seemed to have a Faibel for stars. On the brass plates on the bridges and manhole covers (the show in any city other motives), and walls and shops - anywhere they were found again.
I saw this as a good omen. After all, I like stars too. Later I found out also the reason why the city had chosen this symbol.
The rest of the time I drove my reading at the station in the sun. Then threw something at once a shadow on my book and I looked up.
An older, leaner and more likable smiling man standing before me. It turned out to be my host father Seji san. His wife, Kazumi, waited smiling also, on the car.
The first impression should not deceive. They were the dearest, warmest and most generous people you can imagine!
you did not live directly in Suwa (which I had secretly hoped for, because there was a post office and shops). But on the way to her house, we passed a sign that said, that there very close proximity to an observatory would give them to me and promised to go there together someday.
Her house was very new and modern. I must confess that I, in my time in various drafty and dilapidated homes a little easier about was some comfort. The bathroom did not have to be heated by hand. On the contrary. There was even a small computer on the edge of the tub, where you could set the exact temperature!
My room was a palace. It was huge, had two western beds (pure nostalgia), a shelf of books (in English!), A private television (which I used only once, to watch for five minutes, the Japanese version of Harry Potter. Harry had get in sync a squeaky Maedchenstimme, which sadly was not to endure a long time) and even its own toilet ...
I was in the Sky.
You like the difference observed between the families to accept the WWOOF because they have little money and too much work, and those who do it purely as a hobby and interest in other cultures. This time it was the latter, was able to experience what I did.
Kazumi and Seji had hung on a wall, a world map and there with red marker the home countries and locations of their existing workers registered. In addition, resplendent even photos! I had seen at this time for the first time and it moved me deeply.
addition to the two belonged also the 98jaehrige Grandmother to our little family. She was an angel - I would have packed up and taken most like! Even 19 year old son Kenji I learned shortly Know when he passed on a visit. Unfortunately, however, he was very shy and rarely we exchanged a few words.
The work was diverse and interesting. We prepared a field for next year (I was allowed to drive the small hand tractor), firewood gathered from the forest (where I san Seji, who was 70 years old ban, had the heavy logs to haul themselves), cut down several adult Bambusbaeume, in order to build a shelter set up a compost and much much more.
We spent several days trying to cut down a young Bambuswaeldchen because, unfortunately, (inaudible out of me Reasons), many residents was a thorn in the eye.
Still, it was beautiful despite all regret a fun project, especially because the weather and my host family very strict in observance of breaks with associated food was. :)
I enjoyed not only sleeping in a bed (for the first time since I arrived in Japan) but also the food! In my curry diet during the last host family I could hardly remember the fact that there is something else.
But we ate here almost every morning toast (really brown and crispy!) With jam or eggs, drank coffee or black tea with milk (Kazumi was dependent in a few days and to my happiness itself) and noon, there were courts, as they would in a restaurant were adequate. Kazumi was really excellent cook ... Sometimes they also presented me to the pots and wanted to German cuisine. Then there was spaghetti bolognese, pizza (both are not German, I know), fried or baked potatoes, pancakes, tomato soup and anything which requires only simple ingredients, because here in Japan is not as easy to get special spices and general everything is expensive.
As we wrote late December and now I Kazumi was told by the cookies that my mom baked in Germany now determined on, I was one day even asked. But not just some, because they wanted was a curry party rich and give the pastries for dessert. For three days I was so in the kitchen and fabricated for the 30 tons of guests Weihnachtsplaetzchen and apple pie. (Reassuringly, could also hold back the Japanese did not and everything was plastered to the last crumb. It seems to be not only a weakness of the German act, but is simply due to the common biscuits! That I was subconsciously always clear xD)
My host family also had three pets: Chibi, the guard dog, which I did every night for a walk, Mame, a young female dog that was just in the dog school, and of course Uka, the rabbit. ("Uka" in Japanese means if something breaks an egg and hatches)
Uka Because I had actually decided only for this family. (A WWOOF couple that I met in Gifu, had told me about this family) And I was not disappointed. Rabbit owners are all nice (if they keep the animals not to eat them!) Actually belonged Uka the daughter who was in Osaka and could no longer take care of it ... Therefore, no one was really with the poor thing-ended trusts and for two years, so a solitary life in a cage. Kazumi did not dare to take it on the arm, because it always struggled.
why I made it my project to allow the bunny a better life and showed her that with some practice not rocket science was. After a few days ago my host mom was already there even get out of the cage and was at once really in love with Uka. That was so nice to see. I built on my first day off a Holzhaeuschen, because so far his only shelter, an old gnawed cardboard dar.
turned During my third week in Suwa, we finally visited the observatory. The conditions were ideal: the night was warm and the sky clear!
The leadership was of course in Japanese, so I did not understand everything that has been declared, but the objects that we observed already spoke for itself. The telescope was huge with 2 m in diameter even the largest in Japan!.
We viewed the Andromeda Nebula, the globular cluster M15, the Blue Snowball (first heard of it), the Orion Nebula and Jupiter.
I even had the good fortune to meet a Japanese Astro-photographer who gave me after our conversation, his email address and a few days later sent the recordings of the evening sky. Even now I get now and again beautiful photos via email if he has got something special in front of the lens.
I also liked that Kazumi and Seji leads such an active life. Not only the work was fun, too much has been offered privately. We went to a village Kaffeekraenzchen the population followed by bingo night (funny enough, we won three same time), visited the bitch Mame in the dog school, making short trips made in the area and once took micht Seji-san with even to tinker with many other residents along the New Year's decorations for house and car.
We used old rice straw, which was not repealed by the last harvest and also took part as my host father for the first time, it was all the more enjoyable. But san Seji-it just seemed to lie more in the blood, for his structure saw at the end of a lot more professional.
I felt a fiddle in Suwa. It was like a real family and I lacked nothing. With the bike now and I could go to the nearest post office to my letters and cards to , Send I had to read a lot and the phone calls placed for the first time no problem, my family could call whenever they wanted!
was therefore no wonder that the time just flew by. Even the joyful prospect of soon to meet my little sister for Christmas in Osaka was, of course, to this. Only a week before I would work with another family at Lake Biwa in Shiga Prefecture.
to leave, I was richly rewarded and asked to come back. (As I will next year also visit my little sister in Japan, then there makes their year abroad, which will in any case, a station!)
They took me by car to the station and we fell into the arms of all of us sniffling. Then I sat down quite depressed in the train to Otsu, where I wanted to make a day of vacation on the lake, before it went to work.
Mata ne
Kira
0 comments:
Post a Comment